If you look upon the horizon, you’ll notice something big coming, no it isn’t the lunar eclipse rather something BIGGER, It’s the second annual Wave of the Winter Presentation hosted by yours's truly - Slimes Boardstore. The event will be running on the 27th November at the finest brewery establishment in Newcastle, Modus Merewether at 3pm.
There will be raffle prizes, Surfing the Spectrum merch for sale and a booked-out area in Modus for all you lucky spectators to drink amazing beers and celebrate some local surf-culture. We will be running clips of the wildest surfers in Newy who charge harder than Richard Kelly’s crystals, and the esteemed winner will be picked by none other than surfing royalty, local 4x World Champion Mark Richards.
This competition window was ran through May 1st- August 31st with locations starting from Swansea all the way through to Nelson Bay. The winner will get to take home the coveted Wave of the Winter Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year. So come on down and enjoy a night of laughs whilst sinking some of the finest brews on offer and watch the wildest rides that Newcastle had to offer this winter.
- Ocean & Earth Mark Richards Softboard
- Mark Richards Surfskate
- A Pre and Post Surf Exercise Class for 2 with Rich Kelly and Nineways Chiropractic
- Modus Cerveza Merch Pack
- A Years Supply of Sex Wax
- Winning Surfer – Marc Adam Resin Art Trophy, Steamer of their choice from Slimes Newcastle, 1x Case of Modus Beer, 1x $50 Gift Card for Modus Merewether
- Winning Filmer - $300 Gift Card for Slimes Newcastle, 1x Case of Modus Beer, 1x $50 Gift Card for Modus Merewether
- Wipeout of the Year - $300 Gift Card for Slimes Newcastle, 1x Case of Modus Beer, 1x $50 Gift Card for Modus Merewether
- People’s Choice Award - $300 Gift Card for Slimes Newcastle, 1x Case of Modus Beer, 1x $50 Gift Card for Modus Merewether